Friday, July 22, 2011

First Family Camping Trip In A Long Time........

Korey & Summuer have been wanting to get our families together for a family camping trip since they got married  five years ago.  With all of us being soooo busy in our lives.....the only way to do it was to just make the reservations and to tell us all to "Be There".  Well it worked!   The scenery was just beautiful on the way up.  We started up to Julian area around 4:00 p.m.  The weather was hot as usual, but the drive was very nice with all of the windows open and just enjoying the breeze.  Korey did good!  Paso Picacho here we come!!!!! 


Korey's getting ready for our game of cards.  500 Rummy.  He HATES playing cards, but we MADE HIM HAVE FUN!!!!

We were terrorized by a gang of squirrels the entire time we were camping! The little buggers tried to get into everything!  They even ate a hole in Korey and Summuer's tent to get to the granola!  Here is one of those Brats eating a whole load of tortillas.

Summuer relaxing by the fire ring.  Waiting for our fire.

The next day we decided that we had enough of fighting the heat and the bugs and the squirrels, so we decided to go to the next campground over at Green River.  The trail is short to the water falls and the water was so refreshing.  It was just beautiful!

Ed & Andrew James are relaxing on the rocks, watching everyone playing in the water.
 Ed is relaxing......Really.

Summuer is having a blast sliding down a small waterfall into a pond.....

Summuer and Margaret are sitting on the warm rocks while their feet cool off in the water.
I'm going down a small water fall to get myself wet before I take the big  plung!!!

Korey and I a getting ready to make the jump into a pool of water below.  It is about like jumping off the roof of your house.  What a BLAST!!!!
Here we go!!!!!

Whooo Hoooo!!!! I did it!!!!  That water is cold!!!!!

THE WATER WAS SOOOO COLD!!!! BUT THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Our first family outing group picture!!!!

The scenery was just beautiful!!!!



My Summuer......

The boys!!!!

We were so hungry when we got back and we made
chicken, brown rice, grilled veggies , beans and tortillas.

Our Campsite and my cute trailer!

Of course I had to bring flowers to adorn the table and the trailer.
 Tina Caprioti  taught me well.  I miss my Tina!!!!

My door was adorned with flowers, too.

No comments: