Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Working On Our Home....

Well in between my work in the office at home and the work on the Kingdom Hall project, we have been working on our home here in Sun City.  This month is the anniversary of Uncle Ducky passing away and I can't tell you how much we truly miss him.  I can't believe it's been two years since he's been gone.  I have been thinking about him so much lately especially since we've been working a lot on our yard.  He loved to be in the yard fiddling with things and moving rocks around.  Everytime Kim moves a rock around for me and we use it in the new landscape we start to laugh out loud and think... "HOW DID UNCLE DUCKY MOVE THIS ROCK?".               
 I am incorporating most of his rocks in our landscape as planters and borders and I'm even going to make a vegetable garden with a rock border. A lot of progress has been done on the outside of the house.  Uncle Ducky would just love it!  We now have beautiful vinyl fencing which has made such a big difference in the feel of the yard.  It opened up the yard on the sides as well, which made it seem so much more roomy.  We have been planting more ground cover and we decided to put grass in (We have a lawn!!!).  Kim has been painting the exterior and keeping himself very busy while he has been home.  It's been very theraputic working on the house...... 

No comments: