Sunday, February 26, 2012

My New Creative Passion.....



Ok, I'm getting ready for a Sale that a couple of friends and I have decided to have, and I just  couldn't figure out what I want to make to sell.  So I decided to make some purses from old wool sweaters.  I have always wanted to try this so what better time to experiment.  So here is an example of an old wool sweater that I washed and shrunk in the washing machine.  

After your done shrinking your sweater you then cut it up into what ever shape you want.

Here's an example of one man's sweater that I shrunk up and I can't wait to see what I come up with.  Gray & Black & I think Hot Pink or Pale Pink, we'll see......

Here's my first one that I'm working on.  This is what was a cute sweater...see the arms, I put them on the side so you could see the shape of the sweater and how it once was.....It did not have the embellishments on the sweater; I added the felting (vines and leaves) and then I hot glued these flowers that I salvaged from a throw away item (they were too cute not to use them again).

You can't leave the back of the purse plain! So I added some more vines and leaves.

It's starting to look sooo cute!  

This is the tricky part.  I'm forming the lining and I'm going to hand sew it to the purse.  I used an old fashioned tea towel to make the pocket.


These are the details close up.....

You just can't have enough of details on a one of a kind purse!  I hand stitched the edges with yarn to give it a finished look....
So now that I have a new found passion for making these purses I hope that I will be able to part with them and sell them at the boutique!!!!

No comments: