Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Is Here....but It Feels Like Summer!!!

Ok, it had to be at least 90 degrees today here in Sun City.  So I decided to take advantage of this beautiful day and I had my jacuzzi turned down to 84 degrees (just perfect) and I just enjoyed the day in my yard.......It was sooooo refreshing!


These are some pictures of what I get to view while I'm in my jacuzzi.  I love how our hill is just brilliant with blooms this time of the year.  Every year the ground cover shows off its flowers for us.  We had an over head patio installed a few months ago to get ready for the heat.  And we installed this bird feeder.  The birds just love it!  We have had such a variety of different birds come to feed.  I just love coming out here in my jammies in the morning and having my cup of tea and watching the birds sing and eat.........

Right above the jacuzzi sits my dry bed of wild flowers and a windmill.  I have always wanted a windmill and I finally have one (a yard sale find).  Kim put it together for me and I love to see it blowing in the wind....

This large rock is also a fountain that runs continually and the birds love to take their baths in everyday on top of the bubbling spurt.......

All of my geraniums and my bougainvilleas are very happy, too.

We also put in a fountain that adds to the atmosphere.....I think Patti (our dog) likes it too.

This fountain was a Craigslist find.....and boy was this a find!   It is an Al's Garden Art Fountain that originally sold for $1,200 and we paid $200.  Yeah!!!!
But boy was it a doozie to get home.  I think we underestimated how heavy this cement fountain was when the guys put it on the trailer and the tires went flat!  Yeah FLAT!  We had to inflate the tires just to move the trailer.  It took four men to move just the bottom piece!  But it was worth it!

I put mirrors up on the walls so that wherever you sit from the yard you can enjoy the view!   Even Cae Cae (my granddaughter) has her seat!

The atmosphere is enchanting with candles and oil lamps burning at night.  Here are a few handmade oil burners I picked up from a yard sale.  They were made by a true artist.   



So while I was out here today I decided to plant some more of my seeds.  Do you recognize this planter?  It was used for my towels in my big master bathroom in our previous house.  There was no where here to use it so I decided to plant my herbs in it.  I planted basil, cilantro, spearmint, and a variety of lettuce.


I'm even using some of the wine carafe's that Uncle Ducky used to cover his sprinkler heads.  I planted carrots, green onions and garlic. And since I didn't have anymore nice big pots I used the nursery 5 gallon plastic pots and just decorated them with polka dots.  I can't wait until everything is in full bloom and producing all of the vegetation!!! I'll have to give you an update.....

Different varieties of tomatoes are planted as well as bell peppers and  jalepenos.

I decided to try my hand at planting cucumbers, zucchini and  cherry tomatoes in hanging baskets.

The flowers are just brilliant with color.  They make me happy!!!!!

And of course you can't complete the afternoon without some Sun Tea!!!!....
So get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather......Stop and smell the roses.....and don't forget about that glass of Ice Tea........

No comments: