Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Secret Garden is in Bloom.....

All of the elements are finally coming together in our backyard Secret Garden.  Although we still have a long way to go I'm beginning to feel like this is my happy place.  Today the weather here was soooo HOT and I really do miss having my pool, but when I come home to my backyard it really does make me smile.  I think that Uncle Duck's really would have loved this backyard.  He always talked about how he loved our backyard in our other home and I wish he was here to enjoy this yard with us. 
Some of the elements that I wanted to incorporate in our little sanctuary were water, fire, life in the form of plants and animals.  The birds are now visiting everyday and they look forward to playing in the waterfall.  We have a number of humming birds that come and buzz in our ears and say hi.  And we really were excited when we got a visit from our first dragon fly!

Kim made excellent use of all of the rocks that Uncle Duckie has collected throughout the years. Uncle Ducks was famous for finding rocks (no matter what size they were) and bringing them home.  So we couldn't get rid of all of the rocks (that would have been sinful) so we used them for our pond.

My Crepe Myrtle has it's first bloom and it's lavender Yeah!!!

The Geraniums transplants and my ground cover is finally taking.....

There is also a little of whimsey......

And of course you have to have herbs!







We also have a whole bunch of baby fish that are very happy......

No comments: