Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progress on Our Travel Trailer Restoration.....

Ok girls, I said that I would keep you posted as to the progress on our restoration of the trailer.  So far I have completely cleaned the inside which was completely discusting.  The stove and the refrigerator are working and so is the air conditioner.  With this heat wave that we have been experiencing it has been so hard to go in there and work but so far I have primed all of the cabinets and walls.  They were all dark paneling before.  I am now starting to apply colors to the cabinets and doors. 


The bench seats I painted a bright turquise color.  I thought it would be fun to do something different.  I will also be putting different knobs on all of the cabinet doors.  I got the cutest knobs at Anthropology (my favorite store).
Kim has been working non-stop on the restoration of the roof and siding.  He has completely stripped the roof of all of the old sealer and has removed all of the vent caps and now is ready to apply a new rubber seal and vent caps.  It will be like new.  This has been very hard work and I love Kim for it!  Gee I wonder how I can reward him?  Hmmmm.

Kim is also stripping the siding paint and polishing the upper half to look like polished aluminum and the bottom half he is going to paint a vintage yellow.
So I will have to keep you informed as to the progress we are making.  Although this has been a lot of work it will be worth it in the long run when we get to see how cute and comfortable it will be when we are done.  Can't wait to take our first trip!

No comments: