Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Serving Our Pioneers....

Today I got the privelege of serving the afternoon meal at the pioneer school.  I have to admit that today I woke up feeling pretty tired and I was thinking that I put too much on my plate to do this week.  I was feeling like I shouldn't go and just stay home and rest.  But I am so glad that I didn't listen to my body!  What a privelege it was to be there!  We set up the tables with sandwiches and salads and beans and drinks.  There were cookies and pie and all kinds of goodies there for them.  As each one of the pioneers came up to the table I would ask them if they wanted Roast Beef, Turkey, BMT or a Club sandwich.  They all had such a smile on their faces and they were happy to be there and sit and visit with one another and share a meal.  I felt very priveleged to go to each table and see if there was anything that they all needed.  Afterward I didn't even mind cleaning up and doing the dishes!  After all that was done I forgot how tired I was this morning and how I didn't feel too great this morning and all I could think about was how much fun it was doing something for someone else.  Not thinking about how I feel but thinking about how they were feeling and it occured to me that they really have no idea how encouraging they were to me!  I thank Jehovah for the many opportunities he has given me through the last couple of years to serve him in many different ways.....the ministry, the international convention in Frankfurt Germany, the RBC, bible studies and serving the pioneers at pioneer school.  And it's so amazing how no matter how tired we are (and that is usually very often for me) and when we really think that we should just rest.....Jehovah always refreshes us when we need it the most.

My buddy Pam McKey was helping to set up the tables along with brother Krume.

There were pioneers from all age groups there enjoying their afternoon meal and enjoying each others company.


It was very encouraging to see our young ones volunteering their time to help serve our pioneers.


We had really great sandwiches and condiments served along with salads and desserts.

No comments: