Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Closing Out the Summer at San Elijo State Beach

















There is something to be said about the last camping trip for the summer. Although I absolutely love the fall season and winter I always am sad to see summer camping end. There is nothing like sharing a few days with your girlfriends and having fun like you are a kid again. No phone ringing, no house to clean, not having to cook if you don't want to. Then there is that special trip every night around 8:45 p.m. to VG Donuts right across the street. It's the thrill of missing the deadline of 9:00 p.m. when they shut the doors for the night. Will they will actually open the doors for us after hours? It's the thrill of achieving that goal, and chomping down on that amazing warm maple round donut! It's an experience that you have to have just once in your life time! There is nothing like it!. Well, I had the best time this week with my girlfriends down at San Elijo State Beach. It was a time to relax, reflect, shop, create! Did I mention "RELAX" And I did just that. Although I was there in my motorhome all to myself....and loving it..... I really did miss my "hubby" Kim & my "Karlee", ok and I guess I did miss Knala as well. But I sooo enjoyed this time to myself. And I was so happy to see my babies when Kim brought them down on Sunday night. They were just too content in my lap. Here they are winding down for the night in my lap. We all had a long day.




















The beach was just beautiful on Thursday. I actually fell asleep in my chair! The windsurfers were having a blast. It was a perfect day for windsurfing!

























Karlee and Knala went to breakfast with us on Sunday morning to Swami's (our favorite spot to eat). I think they were waiting for a hand out.




















On Friday night we all went to the show. There is a great old theatre there where we saw a very interesting movie, hmmm.































Elise was having fun at the beach. Here she is funning at Tammy and Brenda's choice of refreshments.




No comments: