Monday, October 19, 2009

Message to My Husband......


October 19, 1976- Count down to my wedding in five days. What will the future hold for me when I’m married? Will I have a good marriage? Will I have children?

Neither did I know that this date would mark the birth of my first born child only two years later. This would be the beginning of our life as a true family. From here on my life will not be mine to choose what I want to do. No, it will be demanded by whatever are of the needs of my family. A purpose; wife, mother, friend, confidant, nurse, caretaker and whatever other hat I may need to wear for the rest of my life……

October 19, 2009– Count down to my 33rd Anniversary!! Our first born son is 31 years old today!!! Where did the years go? As I reflect on all the years that have gone by, the many anniversaries we have shared together, I have to ask myself why I was chosen to have such a wonderful husband and two wonderful sons who have grown into such good men. How is it that I have had a great marriage while some just can’t get it together for one minute? How did I get so lucky? What a blessing to have had a supportive and caring mate who respects and cherishes me today as much as he did on the day we were married. I love him for that. How I am grateful for the many years that we have had together serving Jehovah and raising our kids together. We have had good years and we have had bad years but through it all I am grateful that the good out weighed the bad and the bad just refined us even more. How grateful I am that I have been some what able to maintain my sense of me instead of becoming a Stepford wife. How grateful I am that despite my imperfections my husband loves me even more and thinks it’s sexy or the Latin in me. How grateful that I have had such a patient man who truly has a good heart and loves Jehovah; a man who is eager to please everyone and not just think of himself.

If I were asked that question: If you knew back then what you know now, would you make the same choices today? ABSOLUTELY, YES!!!!

I love you forever! And I would marry you over and over again!!!!

Love,

Donna

No comments: