Thursday, January 15, 2009

More Creative Gift Suggestions...

This is a beautiful bookmark that was embellished with pressed flowers and then laminated. Wooden beads were then attached to it. The bookmark has a scripture on it and the name of the person and congregation they attend on the reverse side.

I love how creative the brothers and sisters were in Bethel at Selters. This is a handmade wooden miniature of a wood plainer made by a brother in the wood shop. He used scrap wood to create these for the delegates.

As I was walking around the stadium in Germany, a sister noticed that I was a delegate and she handed me this beautiful hand cross-stitched hankerchief. This must of taken alot of time. I will always cherish it.



Kim and I needed to bring something that wouldn't take up too much room because of the limitations with the luggage, so we had bookmarks made up with our congregation name on it. As a result of handing these out we have had so many wonderful emails from our brothers and sisters all over the world. We still have kept in touch with many of them.



This is a beautiful silk book cover that was given to me by one of our Japanese sisters. It holds my daily text and reminds me of the dear sister that made it everyday....


No comments: